Thursday, February 24, 2005

The Chris Webber trade

Wow. When I heard Webber was dealt to Philly, the first thing I thought was, "The big dog is going to Sacramento." Then I found out that Glenn Robinson was not involved, I thought that Philly totally screwed over Sacramento. Now I must wonder if Chris Webber's knee is really up to the challenge of an NBA season, or if he is just playing on one leg for the rest of his career.

Maybe so, and may I say that C-Webb is playing better on one leg than most 4's are playing on 2. He may not have too many season's left in him, but still, a trade for Webber and Matt Barnes and Michael Bradley (who are those other two?) and all you get is Kenny Thomas, Corliss Williamson (who admittedly can score down low) and Brian Skinner? If Webber showed up with only one leg, a single amputee, I would still say it was a wash trade. As it is a two-legged Webber, Philly robbed Sacramento. Plain and simple.

And that is all you need to know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home